Wednesday 25 January 2012

Today I had some great plot history from the exiting tennant. He had not been able to spend much time on this plot and so it had largely gone to seed (as you can see in the picture) but previously it had been cultivated by a dedicated couple who were extremely productive!
Good news for soil condition and also good news for my no-dig desires (even more pertinent this evening as my back is giving me jip!!) The exiting tennat, Mr B, had also done some double digging and incorporated some maure when he attempted to cultivate the site a year ago so our initial clearing job need not mean hours of deep digging, but an exstensive clearing ands digging up the worst then we'll smother it with maure and maushroom compost!! Lovely Jubbly-innit!!
So to the planning stage...I have enlisted my Landscape Designer partner to help me thrash out a plan of action this weekend and then family and friends are booked in to start the 'work' next weekend...I hope they are nurturing their initial enthusiasm for the job...infact I bet the only threat to our progress will be the sodding weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment