Saturday 28 January 2012

I have bought potatoes!! Soo exciting! Spent the afternoon looking at the recommended list from the Ryton Organic Potato Day (would have loved to be there choosing  by the tuber!) and wieghed up options to order on-line or try the local garden centre. Opted to see what they had in stock locally then think about on-line orders. Do serious growers buy all the season potatoes now? If I buy my 'Earlies' (finally I understand the difference-see: http://www.millbrookgardencentre.co.uk/fileadmin/downloads/How_to_grow_potatoes_01.pdf for a neat little 'How to') but wait to buy the others will they still be available.....hmm more research needed!!
Off to chit now-I will be chitting Sharpes Express, a 'first early' and then a bit later in the spring I will chit Charlotte my 'second earlies! All will become clear!!
Jaxx

No comments:

Post a Comment